COMMUNITY

Who's Side Are You ...

Notifications
Clear all

Who's Side Are You On?

BushyBeardTom
(@bushybeardtom)

What with this war being so very civil, who's side have you chosen to back; King John or Prince Louis?

I find myself drawn to supporting King John, but only so if I lose, I don't feel bad about it 🤣 

"Here have we war for war, and blood for blood,
Controlment for controlment: so answer France."

Topic starter Posted : 24/11/2020 10:31 pm
MJ from Oz
(@mj-from-oz)

Well both eventually! I will start out with the de Vere's since I have fond memories of visiting their castle as a kid when I first visited the UK but should have more than enough to do two retinues so that friends who don't have an army can borrow one 🙂

I will also be doing the crusades down the track, along with probably Saxons and Vikings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2020 10:45 pm
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member

Welllll... there’s a bunch of happy chappies who live in the woods.  Their leader should be here hopefully by the new year.

Actually I try and keep my armies neutral as I can, so I can play solo or field as either side.  I also have a fair few other campaign figures of the period, so you could say I’m on the side of English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Moors

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2020 11:14 pm
BushyBeardTom
(@bushybeardtom)
Posted by: @who-am-i

Welllll... there’s a bunch of happy chappies who live in the woods.  Their leader should be here hopefully by the new year.

Actually I try and keep my armies neutral as I can, so I can play solo or field as either side.  I also have a fair few other campaign figures of the period, so you could say I’m on the side of English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Moors

Ah those merry-est of manly men? Scoundrels the lot of them! 

I see the potential for some glorious campaigns involving so many different factions, even being able to encounter hooded robins as a leveling mechanic if your leader gets too wealthy. 

"Here have we war for war, and blood for blood,
Controlment for controlment: so answer France."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2020 6:52 am
George Asling
(@george-asling)
Member Admin

William De Warenne is my man!

Living just 10 minutes away from conisborough castle it would be rude not to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2020 11:25 am
Miles Christi
(@montfort1218)
Eminent Member

I'm putting together armies for both sides of the Albigensian Crusade, so French crusaders, southern knights and militiae, and Arago-Catalans.  The great thing about the late twelfth/early thirteenth century is how versatile the figures can be; with only a few modifications knights and militia looked broadly similar across western Europe.  The main differences can usually be brought out in the paint job.

Volo vincere cum meis, vel occumbere cum eisdem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2020 11:47 am
Orkdung
(@orkdung)

I've quickly gravitated to William de Forz, 3rd Earl of Albemarle, as he seems to have played both sides.  As quoted by William Stubbs "a feudal adventurer of the worst type".   And I am only going off of what Ive found on the internet with wiki and my Googlefu skills.
Enjoy his crest and color schemes.   Seems to be a player. Holdings in France and England...the fun he must have had.

Early battles...throw in 40 men against Barons'
Late battles...throw in 40 men against John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 2:01 am
Kieran Kirkham
(@kjartan1987)
Eminent Member

William d'Aubigny and Henry De Bohun are my two retinues, but as soon as second kickstarter lands i will likely aim for 1000point retinues for all the named characters out of my entire barons war collection.

armata potentia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2020 10:15 am
JUP
 JUP
(@jup)

@george-asling Such a lovely Town Donny! 6 castles I believe, I live near the long gone one between Woodlands and Scawthorpe    

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2021 11:48 am
MCMallet
(@mcmallet)

Being of Malet lineage I'd be indebted to the King, until such time that he demands too much, guess that would make me a rebel that forced his hand. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 1:56 pm
Share:
Buy now