COMMUNITY

Monthly special edi...

Notifications
Clear all

Monthly special edition characters

Tomgranger
(@tomgranger)

Just wondering if anybody knew if the footsore monthly special edition figures will ever be released for general purchase? Really liked the look of Robert the Bruce and Prince Llewelyn but missed them when they were available as I had too many minis already to justify the £35 spend to get them 😜

Topic starter Posted : 28/01/2021 4:48 pm
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member

What’s this “too many minis”?  It doesn’t make sense.  I’m sure it comes under being an oxymoron. 🤣

I am hoping they do become available eventually.  At the moment I can see why they aren’t though.  Part of the purpose of the monthly mini is to incourage orders, though the war gaming business seems to be doing well with people home, so orders must be up, but the staff will be having to distance while casting and sorting, slowing the process.  There is also the new Saxons and BW2 hitting the site very soon.  I don’t know what metal supply is like, but most industries are running slow at the moment.  I would have thought a little after lockdown lifts or once planned new releases are pushed back a little we will see them appear retail.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 9:03 am
Kieran Kirkham
(@kjartan1987)
Eminent Member

I've asked Footsore directly and they are planning to add them, but it will be in the style like they did with richard the first with a foot and mounted version is what i assume they mean by that.

armata potentia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 7:13 pm
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member

That would be a shame, but those who got it for free will just have to have a duplicate to use or proxy it.  I'll probably proxy any I get as dukes

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 8:32 pm
Tonius
(@tonius)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @kjartan1987

I've asked Footsore directly and they are planning to add them, but it will be in the style like they did with richard the first with a foot and mounted version is what i assume they mean by that.

That would be great. As in comparison what you think a proper knight is a mounted knight. 😛

I really love all those monthly miniatures. So long they are medieval ofcourse. 😉 I really like Phillipe II and such a great king really deserves a barded warhorse. 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 9:09 pm
Kieran Kirkham
(@kjartan1987)
Eminent Member

@who-am-i, they may do a limited run of just the mounted model like they did with the Richard the first mini along side the foot and mounted character pack.

armata potentia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2021 9:45 pm
Tomgranger
(@tomgranger)

@kjartan1987 that’s great news! I’m much more into character minis than big armies so to be able to collect these awesome sculpts in future without increasing the lead pile would be ideal

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2021 10:59 am
PhilW
(@philw)

The February figure looks great and relevant to Barons War. I don't think I can justify another order though, can I?...

I do hope it is available at a later date.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 1:09 pm
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member

@philw I say that every month, and then end up ordering just enough to get it.

The February one though I can wait for until available to purchase (for now anyway).  I would look good in the collection, but I have BW2 to work through, so not in a rush for more to do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 2:38 pm
Tonius
(@tonius)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @who-am-i

@philw I say that every month, and then end up ordering just enough to get it.

The February one though I can wait for until available to purchase (for now anyway).  I would look good in the collection, but I have BW2 to work through, so not in a rush for more to do.

Same here, I like the february mini, but in the end I already have all the BW2 sergeants, so when it's available in a couple of months / year I will get it. The previous monthly miniatures like Philippe II, Bruce, Longshanks, Richard I and such were more unique and were impossible to resist. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 6:26 pm
nath
 nath
(@nath)

While painting through BW2 also saving for BW3, so I'll have to get those nice characters when they are available later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2021 8:01 am
Share:
Buy now