COMMUNITY

What paints do you ...

Notifications
Clear all

What paints do you use?

Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member

There are plenty of brands of paints available, what are your preferred ones?

Myself, I love Contrast and use plenty of GW paints.  I also use a selection of Miniature Paints by RPE, especially the white primer.  Unfortunately the range is small and nothing added since the KS last year.  Horses though are done with Coat d'arms

Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2020 10:02 pm
Miles Christi
(@montfort1218)
Eminent Member

I use Vallejo for my primers and Foundry for all the painting proper.  I like the quality of their colours and the expansiveness of their range; I haven't yet developed the confidence to do a lot of mixing and shading for myself.  I find the pots good value and quantity for money.

I've never used Coat d'arms; what is their specific advantage for painting horses?

Volo vincere cum meis, vel occumbere cum eisdem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2020 3:32 pm
Tonius
(@tonius)
Eminent Member

GW paints and couple of Scale 75 paints. The GW contrast paints I use only for glazing. There are a couple of good tutorials done by Darran Latham on youtube and by Duncan his own "Duncan painting academy". Both channels really make you a better painter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 8:34 am
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @montfort1218

I've never used Coat d'arms; what is their specific advantage for painting horses?

They do colours specifically for horses.  I could experiment and find the right mix etc, but I have chestnut, dunn and grey from them.  They also do “flesh” in more than one shade.  I have a number of Moors for Crusaders to take on who are black and trying the oriental flesh with the next delivery of figures from footsore.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/12/2020 12:23 am
Tomgranger
(@tomgranger)

I use Citadel paints for flesh and bright colours and Army Painter for the browns and darker shades, the Army Painter range of shade inks I find useful too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2020 2:03 pm
Who am I? liked
Tordenkuglen
(@tordenkuglen)

I use a big mix of Valejo, Armypainter and Citadels, I mostly use Citadel contrasts, but have painted in that way using Valejo Airbrush paints for years before, then highlights/drybrush with Valejo Game/model colour and Amrypainter, dont paint to make best painted army anymore, just need things to look good on the battlefield and get it done 😀

for terrain I mainly use acryllic arts found cheap in the local "Søstrene Grene"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2021 1:19 pm
Share:
Buy now