COMMUNITY

Notifications
Clear all

Creating a group

SjD442
(@sjd442)

Hi,

I wonder if you might be able to give a point of clarification on two points that I am unsure about in interpreting the rules.

The rules indicate that you choose the individuals for a group. Does this mean that a group of spearman or archers  might include individuals in mixed group (ie. an individual in mail, a second  one in leather/padded and a third one as a basic ordinary figure)? Or should they all be classed as the same. Just thinking this would mean in combat the former would be problematic. 

The second question,  is the pointing up of a command group with the addition of a banner man or a musician. Is the points for an individual representing plus the cost ability. By this a command group for Sergeants would this be a costed as being veteran sergeant, a sergeant figure with banner being costed as sergeant (banner bearer) plus the addition of the banner?

Topic starter Posted : 28/11/2020 6:58 pm
George Asling
(@george-asling)
Member Admin

When creating a group each member of the group should be equipped the same, except for any commander that may join that group.

A banner, musician or priest is an up grade for a member of the command group. So you would pay the points for your commander and his command group then pay the points for a banner to upgrade a member of his command group.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 2:48 am
Le Korrigan
(@le-korrigan)

Hi George,

If the unit is made up of 4 models, it should be easy to identify the different weapons and pieces of armor for each Warrior with the rule "what you see is what you get". For a small format of 500 points, did you try to play with different equipment in a unit of 4 or 5 warriors? 

Thank you sjD442 for raising this question.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 7:57 pm
David Cowper
(@david-cowper)

I was wondering something similar as I was looking again at the spearmen figures - some have helmets, some have gambesons, some have mail.  I think that I will just stick with a basic profile to cover the whole group, e.g. spearmen with leather/padded armour, even though some of the figures are wearing a bit of mail, some gambesons, etc.

George, what do you think to a 'mixed hand weapons' profile in the same way that there is a two-handed weapons option?  The Barons War Sergeants with hand weapons figures seem to have mixed weapons - unless of course the weapons are separate like the Footsore Normans with enough to give them all falchions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2020 4:59 pm
George Asling
(@george-asling)
Member Admin

We did try seperate equipment and found in larger group s that it bogged the game down somewhat and could become confusing in certain situations. For example figuring out exactly who is hitting who could lead to having to resolve each models attack and/or defence individually. 

We decided on this route as it led to the quickest and most action packed gameplay (we tend to like our games simple quick and bloody). However the army lists make it possible to do it this way and there is nothing stopping you from doing it aslong as you and your opponent both agree and are happy to do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2020 4:44 pm
Le Korrigan
(@le-korrigan)

Monseigneur George, je suiz moult joyeux de ce que vous avez si bien besoingnié et si honnourablement en vostre response! 

In short, thank you George! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2020 7:26 pm
ComtedeBussy
(@comtedebussy)

If I've understood all that has been covered in this topic, for simplicity sake and a speedier game procedure, it's best to have all the warriors in a group armed with the same weapons, i.e. crossbows, spears, bows or hand-weapons and all armoured more of less the same. However, do they all have to be the same experience and rank level, e.g all sergeants and all veterans?

Obviously, a command group will have one warrior who is the commander, and presumably be at a higher level of rank, ability and/or experience. 

When it comes to hand weapons, do they all the warriors in the group have to armed with the same weapons, i.e. swords, maces or axes?

Any advice or some additional clarification would be much apprecaited.

Many thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2021 12:23 pm
Who am I?
(@who-am-i)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @comtedebussy

do they all have to be the same experience and rank level, e.g all sergeants and all veterans?

Yes.

Posted by: @comtedebussy

do they all the warriors in the group have to armed with the same weapons, i.e. swords, maces or axes?

Yes.

Saying that... There is nothing stopping you having "house rules" and having mixed experience and weapons in a group if your opponent and yourself don't think it will be too complicated keeping track of who's who.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2021 8:24 pm
Share:
Buy now