Thank you for your interest in contributing to the WARHOST community.
We are always looking for new and well-written articles on a variety of subjects including:
- Articles on the creation of new warbands, factions, armies etc.
- Tutorials on painting, sculpting or the construction of terrain, terrain features, boards etc.
- Battle reports.
- Reviews of new games, supplements, miniatures etc.
- Articles on the wargaming community at large, such as event reports, tournaments et al.
- Articles of human interest such as the therapeutic effect of wargaming and painting for those struggling with mental illness, the sense of community offered by a wargaming club etc.
- How to play guides for factions in various wargames.
- Galleries of and articles on well-painted miniatures.
- Articles on the process behind, and construction of dioramas.
We will, of course, consider any articles outside of these categories.
All contributors will be credited with their work. Those who contribute articles concerning Gangs of Rome and/or articles on Saga which feature miniatures by Footsore Miniatures will receive a selection of miniatures in return.
Although we will gladly consider material concerning more obscure games, we are actively seeking copy on the following:
- The Barons’ War
- Mortal Gods
- Mortal Gods: Mythic
- Gangs of Rome
We request articles are double spaced and presented in 12pt Times Calibri, and all photographs are reduced to 100dpi.
Standards for Photograph
We request all photographs submitted with your articles are of good quality. For hints and tips in taking good quality photos of your miniatures, we recommend this article:
Standards for Copy
We also require all copy to be written to the best of your ability; whilst we do have an excellent editorial team, it just makes their lives a little easier if your article is well punctuated, grammatically correct, and has been—at a bare minimum—spellchecked.
If you are interested then please get in touch with us by using our contact form.